Mexico Here We Come!

9/02/2008 12:36:00 AM Edit This 0 Comments »

I'm still trying to catch up on all that happened this summer and after getting home from Lexie's 2nd birthday, the baptisms and my celebrating every anniversary known to man, we were off to Puerto Vallarte Mexico where my older brother Kyle, his wife Irma and their two children Dylyn 8 1/2 and Damian almost 7 live. Yeah, it was a tough place to go for a visit but someone had to do it. The whole family made it except my oldest nephew Casey (Todd's son) because he had just finished his first year of college - GO CASEY! - and was trying to find a job. We missed you Casey!!! Jim, Angie's husband, did make it but only for a few days and he wasn't in this picture (we missed you too Jim.) What a group!
Lexie had a ball and just loved being with "the kids." She is such a people person and especially loves kids. It was so nice for all of us to be together again. The last time we were all together was in Mexico 5 years ago and my dad was still with us. He was definitely missed and I'm sure he was smiling down at his family. I'm so sad that Lexie will never know what a terrific man he was or what a great PaPa she would have had. I'm going to do my best to make sure she hears a lot about him and that she know he would have loved being a part of her life.


On to happier times. We ended up staying in a brand new resort with two 2 bedroom 2 bath suites each with a full kitchen, dining and living room all overlooking the ocean and a large multi-level pool. This is the view from our balcony (note that the pool was basically a few feet from the ocean), above is part of the living/dining room with the kitchen and the other is of the kids looking out at the ocean while we were waiting for lunch to be served at the restaurant in the hotel. Not too shabby. I haven't been so relaxed in a long time. No phone calls, the Internet didn't work in your room and barely worked if you went down to the lobby. You had to bring your laptop down there too since they didn't have a computer for their guest. At first I was disappointed but very quickly I saw the advantage and just plain didn't worry about it. I figured I could fix whatever went wrong while I was gone once I got back.




This was a couple of days into the trip. The big kids went to Dylyn & Damian's soccer practice then came back to the hotel to join us for lunch. While they were waiting for food Brooke, who had taken dance lessons after school, decided to show everyone some moves. Before you know it they were all up dancing and cracking us all up. Lexie was right in the middle of it. What a great moment it was.




That night the kids, Lexie and I "chased" the waves as Lynn, Lori, Todd & Mom supervised. Lexie ended up naked when her diaper weighed more than she did but it was all I could do to drag her off for a bath, book & bed.









This is Kyle & Irma's patio overlooking their pool where we spent several afternoons relaxing and eating and maybe a little drinking too. As you can see little Blake was having a blast until Lexie got into his dessert - only kidding. Blake isn't eating solid foods yet - I know it's hard to believe but it's true. All those lovely rolls are thanks to mother nature. We don't get to see enough of Kyle and his family and unfortunately with Mexican mail being what it is we can't even send them presents for the holidays so we had a great afternoon of birthdays, Christmases, anniversaries, you name it we celebrated it. My suitcases where a lot lighter when we returned!









These pictures are of all of us going to a water park.We are so glad Jim got to join us on that outing. Once again we all had fun in the sun and water. As you can see it was a little too much for Brooke who took a little power nap and then was raring to go. Dylyn got stuck with the job of watching the tubes but she did a great job. When we first got there trying to get everyone organized before we knew it Todd & Lori ended up with ALL the kids - funny since they were the only ones there without theirs! The day ended with a wonderful adventure - swimming with the dolphins. Only Blake, Todd & Mom didn't go but it was quite the experience for the rest of us. Yes, Lexie can now say that at two years old she swam with the dolphins. She wasn't sure what they were but she even kissed one.

So here we have the family group photos taken VERY informally one day after swimming.




Lexie & Mommy


Irma, Kyle

Dylyn & Damian
Grandma & the Grandkids


Lori & Todd
Lynn & Brooke

Angie, Cody,Blake & Mackenzie


Jim with Lexie only because I couldn't find one with him & the family -Sorry Jim


Last and I promise I'm done with Mexico but here are a few more imagines that I just love of the trip.













What can I say? These kids are just amazing!!

0 comments: